1) All birds must be on the grounds by 9:30 AM Saturday morning.
2) Exhibitors must remain in place for the duration of the show.
3) The total number of birds that one exhibitor can enter is limited to THREE.
4) All birds must be free of apparent illness, disease and parasites.
5) Breed classes will be judged by the American Standard of Perfection.
6) Water cups will be supplied - showman are responsible for filling them.
7) All poultry exhibitors are required to enter Poultry Showmanship.
8) Old birds: Cocks and hens are defined as birds over 12 months of age.
9) Young birds: Cockerels and pullets are defined as birds under 12 months old.
10) "Standard" means the regular large breed of poultry .
11) Crossbreeds are qualified for showmanship and production classes only.
12) Single entries only, no pairs or trios.
13) All entries must be at least four months old, or hatched before
14) The UConn Poultry Science Club and the University of Connecticut
Each exhibitor of poultry will select one bird for the showmanship class, from his or her birds being exhibited for poultry judging. Showmanship birds do not have to be the property of the exhibitor. Exhibitors will be judged according to their ability to show the bird to its best advantage. Exhibitors will be judged on appearance, skill and knowledge as outlined in the University of Connecticut 4-H Poultry Showmanship Rules. Classes and awards will be at the discretion of the judge. Showmanship ribbons will be awarded.
1) Clover Class - All Seven and Eight year old Exhibitors
2) Junior - 9 - 12 (Novice)
3) Junior - 9 - 12 (Intermediate)
4) Junior - 9 - 12 (Experienced)
5) Senior - 13 - 19 (Novice)
6) Senior - 13 - 19 (Intermediate)
7) Senior - 13 - 19 (Experienced)
NOVICE: Exhibitor that has shown one time or less
INTERMEDIATE: Exhibitor that has shown 2-3 times
EXPERIENCED: Exhibitor that has shown 4 or more times
UConn Poultry Science Club reserves the right to adjust the definition of the classes to accommodate the attendance and retain a level of fairness.