J. Peter Gogarten (OFFICE: BP room 404, email@example.com)
Teaching Assistant: Amanda Dick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The class meets
MW 11AM - 11:50AM AND Fridays 10AM-11.40AM or 1PM-2.40PM
Monday's and Wednesday's classes meet in new Classroom Building CB110;
Friday's classes will meet in the computer lab located on the ground floor of the Chemistry building (T115).
(for directions see here, search for chm or CB, FLYER is here)
Reading materials will be posted on huskyCT -- if you cannot get access, send your netID to email@example.com
There also will be a discussion board on huskyCT. Contributions on the discussion board will count towards your participation grade.
REFRESH THIS PAGE EVERY TIME YOU VISIT IT
Possibility to boost your participation grade:
Email questions (multiple choice preferred) that could be used for the quizzes or exams!
Take-home Exam: #1 (doc/pdf/answers.doc); #2 (doc/pdf/answers.doc), #3 (doc/pdf/answers.doc), #4 (doc/pdf/answers.doc), #5 (doc, pdf, answers.doc), #6 (doc/pdf/answers.doc), #7 (doc, pdf, answers.doc), #8 (doc, pdf, answers.doc)
Optional Essay Assignment
Midterm: (Preliminary: Wednesday, Oct. 17, 11AM- 12PM)
Final: (Preliminary: Wednesday, December 12th, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
(Please let me know ahead of time, if you have a conflict for this time. See syllabus for exam policy.)
Overview on pages accessible from this page
class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 39
Red: meets in the Computer Lab in the Chemistry Building (ground
Blue: meets in Room CB110
Topics - If you have suggestion for additional topics, please let me know,
Syllabus <- (see for grade calculation, exam policy, and penalties for academic misconduct)
From Community Standards:
"Academic misconduct includes, but is not limited to:
* Providing or receiving assistance on academic work (papers, projects, examinations) in a way that was not authorized by the instructor
* Any attempt to improperly influence (bribery, threats) any member of the faculty, staff, or administration of the University in any matter relating to academics or research
* Doing academic work for another student
* Presenting the same or substantially the same papers or projects in two or more courses without the explicit permission of the instructors
* Situations where one student knowingly assists another student in committing an act of academic misconduct, and any student doing so will be held equally accountable for the violation"
Last year's course web page
Send an Email to Peter Gogarten
Go the Gogarten-Lab homepage