Sending and Receiving Large Attachments
The maximum size of an attachment you can send or receive using Exchange within UConn is 25 Megabytes.
If you are sending an attachment outside of UConn, you are limited to the receiving Internet Service providers size limitations. Here is an example of a few of the more popular Internet Service Providers size limitations.
- Yahoo - 25 Megabytes
- Hotmail - 25 Megabytes
- Gmail - 25 Megabytes
- AOL - 25 Megabytes
Sending Attachments Larger than 25 MB
There are several methods to transfer large attachments.
1. DROPBOX - Has a 200 Megabyte size limit. You may use File Locker to send\receive large attachments to\from people. Go to filelocker.uconn.edu and follow the directions found on that page.
2. File Servers - If your department has a file server you are encouraged to use that to transfer larger files.
3. Compress (Zip) Files - You may also Compress (Zip) a large file to make it smaller.
- Windows XP Users - Right click on the file you wish to compress (Zip), from the menu that appears, choose Send to, then choose Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4. Burn files to CD - Use your burning software (e.g. Roxio Easy CD Creator) to burn your files to a CD so you may hand deliver.